Monday, January 16, 2012

Molasses

I have been enjoying cooking from "Make it Paleo" over these past few weeks. They have quite a few good dessert recipes as well. I don't think I have ever used molasses in baking before today. I found this recipe and decided to give it a try.
Paleo Gingerbread cookies
I tasted the molasses mixture and thought I was in heaven. I could probably just drink the bottle... well maybe not. The main ingredients are the molasses, and blanched almond flour. The problem I came upon was that they were so sticky when I rolled them all out that it was hard to cut the gingerbread men out individually. I ended up baking the whole rolled-out sheet of dough and then cutting then gingerbread men after it had baked - this worked fairly well, but a lot of the poor little guys lost their legs or arms. It also meant that there was a lot of left-over cookie in between each gingerbread man, which Gregg and I ate as we were separating each one! Gregg said, "I wonder how many cookies that actually was that we ate?" Probably a lot.
YUM.

Here is another recipe from their cookbook that I decided to give a go since it looked interesting. Interesting is the only way I can describe this breakfast dish - made a nice change from just regular eggs though!
Beat egg whites until stiff  peaks form and fold in 1/4 cup of shredded coconut. Form into nests on parchment paper and put yokes back in the middle (i broke mine!) and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until starts to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment